ACCELERATED FLIGHT TRAINING:
Accelerated Flight training cost Private Pilot:
- You have a few weeks to dedicate to your flight training?
- You started training elsewhere and want to finish up quickly in a full time environment?
- You heard that you can save a lot of money by training full time?
We can help.
Although the FAA legally required minimums would put your completion budget from about $7000 to $9000, real world requirements and completion times are higher. (most flight schools try to hide this fact). Estimating completion times and budgets that are impossible to reach does not help, I am sure you will agree.
The cost for the accelerated private pilot certificate is affected by a lot of factors.
- the airplane you choose (from $125/hr to $174/hr). Our accelerated courses usually use the Cessna 172SP since we have many of them to choose from.
- how many instruction hours you require. We charge $58-69/hr for ground/flight instruction. Simulator instruction is charged at the same rate.
- how well you study and how talented you are (and therefore how many instruction hours you require). Accelerated students are expeceted to study in advance of their training start.
- we use flight simulators extensively to reduce your flight training cost overall. Our special three HD screen visual simulator will help you practice skills very economically before trying them in the aircraft
- the time frame you complete the training in is a factor as well (accelerated flight training schedules usually compress the completion time in to a few weeks rather than months)
Given all that, program cost can vary from $13,000 to $15,000, for some as much a $17,000 and we have seen people spend even more than that.
Please keep in mind your progress and completion time(and therefore your training cost) much depends on your talent, enthusiasm and your study habits.
we recommend you obtain this exam before the accelerated training starts, it is just a basic medical exam (approx. $75) "Class 3" is needed.
For a list of approved aviation medical examiners (AME) please visit http://www.faa.gov/
Basic information on a pilot medical is available here:
We recommend that you start and mostly complete the knowledge test before the actual accelerated flight training.
The FAA computer multiple choice test has to be completed, the testing fee currently is $150, paid directly to the test center.
There are many different ways to study for this including online training.
Final Flight Test:
Never too early to find out that the actual final FAA flight test fee is currently $800.
Paid directly to your friendly FAA examiner.
Books and equipment:
Our book package is $229 including online ground school and online test prep software. Misc. equipment, manuals and charts about another $150.
You will need the book package well before your training start since it helps you prepare for the knowledge test.
In case you are not a US citizen, the US government agency TSA requires additional processing. Please let us know if this applies and we can help you with this. The government application fee is $130 currently, finger printing approx. another $100.
The TSA requires you to provide a current Visa, Lawful Permanent Resident Card, I-20, ESTA, or other document and to list the information to support continued legal presence in the United States.
Starting flight training:
You can start your training with us anytime. Flight training is paid as you go, there is no need for advance payments.
Accelerated flight training courses compress all lessons into a few weeks rather than months, you need to make sure your funds are available.
Any time during daylight hours, any day, weekends, holidays. Accelerated schedules usually demand flying every day, sometimes two sessions per day.
We are very flexible and you can arrange a schedule to suit your requirements.
To start, schedule a one hour introductory flight with us:
Call our office at (818) 731 7064 to arrange your first flight with us please.